Name: Curious Carlos, Lake Martin, AL
Summary of ideas for improving the class
These ideas will principally fall around improving the interaction between the class and its members. I think, since Jim's site seems to be the center of most communication, we'll start here.
(1) I'd like to 2nd Christian's suggestion to redesign the site to function more like Fleet 1's (http://www.sj21fleet1.org/), with all information tabulated.
(2) Keep the 'forums' section pretty much as is.
(3) Add an online bill pay feature for dues
(4) Add a link to the current class manual (i.e. one design rules) (in my opinion, you really shouldn't have to pay for this, it makes it hard to grow the class)
(5) Add a link, accessible by member's only, to the jib sheet. Those wanting a hard copy can print it off or have it mailed to them.
(6) Add an interactive map locating each of the members (this would help new members out immensely, especially since many are so far from Fleets)
(7) Add an officers contact information link ...and so on...
(8) Add a blog (news) section that any member can upload to once signed in
(9) Add a picture/video section that any member can upload to once signed in
(10) Add a chat section where members can discuss current projects in 'real-time' (11) Add a poll section, where class members can vote on items, etc.
If we do some of these, I think we could really improve the image of the class in its members eyes. Just my $0.02. And of course, we wouldn't expect you do all this work by yourself Jim, we would gladly help out.
[Return to Harbor Messages | Create New/Followup Message]